you must now recommend a detailed Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) strategy using THREE (3) of the 5 major promotional tools that will help Plastic Whale to achieve its objectives.
ASSESSMENT 3: INDIVIDUAL WRITTEN REPORT 2 (MARKETING STRATEGY AND RECOMMENDATIONS)
Due: Week 13, Monday 1 June, 11:59pm Weighting: 40 %
Assessment 3 continues from Assessment 2. I have attached assessment two (completed)
Based on who you have recommended that Plastic Whale should target and how you recommended Plastic Whale should position itself, you must now recommend a detailed Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) strategy using THREE (3) of the 5 major promotional tools that will help Plastic Whale to achieve its objectives.
2,500 words (+/- 10%)
5% of the available marks will be deducted for every 10% that the word limit (2,500 words + 10%) is exceeded.
By 29 June 2020 @ 5:00pm AEST
Please note the following:
- The consumer profile and the positioning statement presented in Assessment 2 should be used as the basis of the marketing strategy recommended here in Assessment 3. The feedback that you received for Assessment 2 should be used to strengthen your strategic recommendations in Assessment 3
- This is a business report and must be formatted according to the Submission Guidelines (see pages 11-13 of these Assessment Guidelines).
- If any company other than Plastic Whale is used for this Assessment it WILL NOT BE MARKED and will therefore attract a zero (0) grade.
Section Marks Details (suggested breakdown of word limit in brackets)
|5||Background Summary from Assessment 2:
At the start of your report, provide a succinct summary that identifies your target market and provide a consumer profile and positioning statement developed from Assessment 2.
Please ensure you use the feedback provided for Assessment 2 to revise your target market, consumer profile and positioning statement as necessary – that is what feedback is for: to help you improve your work!
Using THREE (3) of the 5 major promotion tools (i.e., advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, public relations, direct and digital marketing), develop an Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) campaign. Each strategy must be able to be implemented by Plastic Whale. Aspects you need to address include:
|3 (400 words)||15||Conclusions with Implications for Plastic Whale:
Make sure your conclusion and implications:
Please note the following: The words per section highlighted in the table above are suggestions only. You may vary the words you use per section. The word count penalty is based on the total words you have written for Assessment 3. Please see page 12 of these Assessment Guidelines.
Writing and formatting:
General writing issues such as poor spelling, grammar, English expression, formatting, and the like will attract penalties ranging from 10% to 100% of the available Assessment marks depending on severity. The assessment must be formatted as a business report to your client (not an essay). The report is to be written as if you are an independent business consultant. Here are some useful links from other universities that will help you produce a clear and correctly structured business report:
- The University of Melbourne Library Business Report Helpsheet
- The University of Wollongong UniLearning Report Writing Online Guide
- Massey University ‘What is a business report’ Online GuideNOTE: Letter or Memorandum, Executive Summary (abstract) and Methodology sections are NOT required. Your Assessment is to be formatted as follows:
- Word document format only, A4 size (NO PDF). Assessments submitted in formats other than Word will not be assessed.
- One (1) single file
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Fully justified paragraphs, 1.5 or double line-spacing
- Normal margins (2.54 cm left, right, top and bottom)
- The assessments should follow a professional report writing format (see links above),including: Title Page, Table of Contents, relevant headings and sub-headings, and a reference list (not bibliography).
The word count does NOT include the Title Page, Table of Contents, Tables/Figures, Reference Lists, and Appendices, but does include everything else (i.e., in-text citations, headings, and any other material submitted).
Assessments which go over the word limit will, in fairness to other students, be penalised between 5% and 100% of the available marks depending on severity. The word limit penalty is 5% of the available marks for every 10% by which the word limit for each assessment is exceeded.
Sources of information:
It is required that you utilise, and correctly reference, throughout each of the two (2) reports. Each Assessment states how many references are required, and the minimum peer-reviewed articles (journal articles) required. You must correctly use the Harvard style of referencing in this report. If these are not done correctly, you will be penalised between 10% and 100% of the available marks depending on severity.