Write a critical thinking regardind to : Foecasting topic
Read through the Case Study entitled “Highline Financial Services, Ltd.” in Chapter 3 of your textbook. Examine the historical trends this company has experienced for the three products (A, B, C) discussed over the 2 years shown.
Address the following requirements:
- Prepare demand forecasts for the next four quarters for all three products, describe the forecasting method you chose and explain why that forecasting method is best suited to the scenario.
- Explain why you did, or did not, choose the same forecasting method for each product.
- What are the benefits of using a formalized approach to forecasting these products?
- Your essay is required to be four to five pages in length, which does not include the title page and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Use the Saudi Digital Library to find your resources.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and follow APA style guidelines.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into Turnitin prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- Review Chapter 3 in Operations Management
- Review Chapter 3 PowerPoint slides – Operations Management
- Choudhury, D. K. (2018). Market demand forecast method selection and application: A case study in Hero MotoCorp Ltd. IUP Journal of Operations Management, 17(2), 7-22.
- Liao, Y. P., & Chiu, S. K. (2017). Advantage of make-to-stock strategy based on linear mixed-effect model: A comparison with regression, autoregressive, times series, and exponential smoothing models. Croatian Operational Research Review, 8, 357-376.
- Randheer, K., & Al-Aali, A. (2015). What, who, how and where: Retailing industry in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Competitiveness Studies, 23(3), 54-69.