Employee health and safety in the workplace is a topic of scrutiny, discussion, and debate at all levels of government. Using one of the articles assigned this week, analyze two or three governmental perspectives concerning worker health and safety in the workplace. Address the following:
- What are government agencies stating, concerning OSHA?
- Are they taking differing positions concerning interpretation, monitoring, and compliance?
- Can differing perspectives concerning OSHA enhance or hinder workplace safety?
Be sure to cite examples.
- 10 things you wish: Everyone understood about safety. (2019). Professional Safety, 64(11), 22–23.
- This article outlines the benefits of a culture of safety.
- Just had a reportable injury? Prepare for a visit from OSHA. (2017, July 10). OSHA Compliance News, 6(4).
- An article about preparing for an OSHA visit to the workplace.
- Minnick, W. D., Helmrich-Rhodes, L., Mulroy, J., & McKnight, D. (2019). OSHA consultation. Professional Safety, 64(6), 46–50.
- The authors outline an approach to creating a culture of safety and performance.
- OSHA rule will help protect sensitive employee information. (2019). Briefings on Hospital Safety, 27(6), 6–7.
- This article is about protecting the privacy of employee information.
- The mock OSHA inspection: Practice makes perfect. (2014). Medical Environment Update, 24(5), 1–3.
- Outlines an approach to practicing for an OSHA inspection.