Nurse’s Role in Influencing the Legislative Process
In a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, you will answer three questions related to your opportunity as a nurse and an advocate. The first two questions relate to influencing a bill that is traveling through the legislative process. The third question refers you to the social determinants of health and asks you to think specifically on your role as a nurse in influencing social determinants of health.
Answer the following questions:
- What parts of the lawmaking process does a nurse have an opportunity to influence the final bill passage?
- List at least two ways that this influence can take place. In your opinion, would one way be preferable over the other?
- Reviewing the social determinants of health, select one to respond to this question:
- What role can nurses play in promoting health status through policy changes directly affecting this social determinant?
Write each question as a new topic area and then follow with a paragraph or two to answer the question. You may find it necessary to search for answers to the questions outside of the assigned reading.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template