For this unit, there is a discussion on THE INVESTIGATION OF ROBBERY (CORRESPONDS TO CHAPTER 12 OF YOUR TEXTBOOK).
Each unit, you will submit a QTIP (Quote, Thought, Interesting Point). The assignment is designed to assist you learn concepts in the class. Your post should have factual information and YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR PERSONAL THOUGHTS and OPINIONS on the topic
Review the video and discuss the challenges of a robbery investigation.
- What are challenges investigating this crime?
- Discuss the roles and jobs of the following personnel at this scene: (1) Sergeant, (2) First Officer on Scene, (3) Second Officer on Scene, (4) Detective in Charge, (5) Crime Scene Technician.
- List three (3) specific questions you as the investigator would ask of the victim(s). Explain why you asked the questions you asked.
- List three (3) specific questions you as the investigator would ask of the witness(es). Explain why you asked the questions you asked.
- List three (3) specific questions you as the investigator would ask of the suspect(s). Explain why you asked the questions you asked.
- Also provide a list of five (5) evidence items that the crime scene technician will collect. Explain why you collected the evidence items you collected.
“Home Rooms.” The Wire. HBO, New York. 24 Sept. 2006. Television. Duration: (1:27)
REMEMBER: You are not sending out a text message or tweet, so when writing your post, use proper English, grammar and writing mechanics. Make sure you include what you think about the respective section you are discussing.
Initial Post – First, you will post to the forum by providing some background information followed up by your thoughts and opinions on the respective topic. It must be substantive and thoughtful dialogue. Use outside sources such as the news, Internet, popular media, your textbook, journal articles, etc…to assist you here. Make sure to cite your work.
This section must be at least 300 words minimum. Include a word count in parenthesis at the end.
Make sure to use proper APA Formatting to cite your work.