As education advances in the 21stst century, educators must be prepared to use technology to engage students in learning, enhance instruction, and support students with exceptionalities.
Create a 7-10 slide digital presentation for a staff development session for elementary school teachers on the use of technology in the mathematics classroom.
Your presentation should include:
- Three technologies that can be used in the mathematics classroom to enhance instruction . Technology incorporated could include apps, computer programs, videos, websites, etc. Your choices should represent varied technologies. For each technology, include the following:
- A detailed description of the technology including the features of the technology, how it works, and the elementary grade levels where it is developmentally appropriate
- Benefits of using the technology in a mathematics classroom and how it fosters students’ engagement, communication, and confidence in using technology.
- A mathematics classroom example of the use of the technology. Explain how teachers and students would interact with the technology for a specific math lesson
- One assistive technology to support the communication and learning of students with communication disabilities.
- A title slide, presenter’s notes, and a reference slide
The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.