surveillance state in IT security
Week One Discussion: Change & Innovation in Nursing
1. Obtain a scholarly nursing journal on Innovation and Change in Clinical Nursing Practice or Nursing Education. Download the article (you will post it for your peers to review)
2. Write your Literature Review (almost like an abstract), summarizing the key concepts presented in the article (you do not need to report statistical findings or elaborate on the type of research conducted). Make sure to identify the problem/need for change/rationale for change, the setting (practice or education) identified, and how the results/findings could be implemented in the identified setting. Limit to 1-2 paragraphs- quality over quantity!
3. Attach the article to your discussion post
Respond to at least ONE peer, and include the following:
1. After reviewing the article, identify 3 salient (relevant) points presented in the article in terms of the change proposed and the setting for the change, include a rationale/evidence for each point. For example, if you review an article about the implementation of simulation in nursing education to simulate clinical preparedness, you might conclude that: According to __________ (year), 65% nursing students in the study reported that simulation helped them learn psychomotor tasks better than the classroom environment and they felt more prepared when performing those skills in the clinical setting. When simulation has been included into the curriculum at Stratford, it helped me feel better prepared and more confident during the clinical for the course.
2. Develop a research question (not a PICOT question) based upon the findings/results of the article. For example, if you review an article about the implementation of simulation in nursing education to stimulate clinical preparedness, your research question could focus on the implementation of simulation in new grad unit-based orientation programs. Reference: Writing a Research Question (click the link to go to the web page).