Write a 1250-1700 word journal article critique of a scientific study addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Ensure you have an introduction and conclusion. Support your ideas with at least two (2) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Identify a peer reviewed journal article of a scientific study of your choice (you may use any of the articles referenced throughout the course or an article of your choice).
- How is the abstract concise and to the point? If it is not, why not and how could it be revised?
- What relevant pieces of information does it contain?
- Is the research question(s) clearly stated? Justify your response. If not, how could it be more clearly stated?
- Literature review
- How is the literature related to the research question?
- How does the literature review indicate that the researcher has sufficient knowledge of the broader topic to justify the topic of the article research?
- Examine the quality of the sample. How do you know the sample is of sufficient quality to answer the research question(s)?
- How do you know the sample is appropriate to answer the research question(s) being examined?
- How are the available statistics appropriate to answer the research question(s)? If they are not, why not? Justify your response.
- How are the statistics presented in a way that speaks to the data collected?
- Explain how the analysis presented is accurate (or not).
- Has the author(s) linked their findings to the literature review? Explain how with at least 3 examples.
- Has the author(s) linked their findings to the research question(s)? Explain how the findings answer the research question(s).
- How does the author synthesize the evidence to reveal insightful patterns, differences, or similarities in the article?
- How are the findings and conclusions applicable to nursing practice? Explain with at least 3 examples.
Length: At least 1250-1700-words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
References: Use at least two APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions.