Create a partial draft of the risk management plan. To do so, follow these steps:
- Research risk management plans.
- Create an outline for a basic risk management plan with anticipated section headings (as indicated in this numbered list). This plan will include a qualitative risk assessment, which is addressed later in the project.
- Write an introduction to the plan by explaining its purpose and importance.
- Define the scope and boundaries of the plan.
- Research and summarize compliance laws and regulations that pertain to the organization. Keep track of sources you use for citation purposes.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments within the organization as they pertain to risk management.
- Develop a proposed schedule for the risk management planning process.
- Create a draft risk management plan detailing the information above. Format the plan similar to a professional business report and cite any sources you used.