SCIENCE NHS-FPX8040 Assessment 1 Instructions: Interview and Leadership Analysis Course
- Budget $0.00
- Average Bid $0.00
Need help with my Nursing question – I’m studying for my class.
Write a 3-5-page summary of an interview with a health care leader who could serve as your preceptor for your doctoral project. Also, determine and define a gap, a need, or an opportunity that will serve as the basis for the remaining assessments in this course.
DEMONSTRATION OF PROFICIENCY
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate a leader and their experiences with a practice or process change within a health care or public health delivery system.
- Evaluate the primary leadership style of a selected leader in a health care management position.
- Assess a leader’s role in an organization as it relates to quality, safety, and evidence-based standards.
- Evaluate a leader’s qualifications to be a doctoral preceptor.
- Competency 2: Analyze a health care issue from a leadership perspective, applying quality improvement principles and evidence-based standards.
- Describe a gap, a problem, or an opportunity for a doctoral;project.
- Competency 4: Develop a data management plan, including a plan for ethical stewardship for data use and communication.
- Assess a leader’s approach to data management.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, interprofessional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
- Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
While it is still early in your doctoral education process, it is important to start thinking about where you might complete your doctoral capstone project and who could be your preceptor. This assessment provides an opportunity for you to evaluate a potential leader to serve as;preceptor at your proposed doctoral project site. Your interviewee should be in a health care leadership position with a graduate degree in a field related to health care. Ideally, he or she should have a doctorate, but a master’s degree is acceptable.
To be in the best position to begin the doctoral project courses, take time in this course to explore potential topics during the leadership interview. As you explore organizational gaps or opportunities for improvement, consider these in context of your future doctoral project. Review the doctoral project materials for your degree prior to the interview. The leader’s time is valuable; be ready, ask the right questions.
Ask interview questions that allow you to do the following:
- Evaluate the primary leadership style of your chosen leader.
- What are the leader’s credentials and what is his or her formal position in the organization?
- What role does the leader play in the organization, system, or public health arena?
- Is he or she a mentor to others?
- How visible is the leader within the organization or system?
- How would you characterize his or her leadership style;(that is;transformational, transactional, et cetera)?
- What is his or her role in communication?
- Is he or she viewed as a change agent?
- Assess the leader’s organizational role as it relates to quality, safety, and evidence-based standards.
- How is the leader’s role interdisciplinary?
- What is one example of how this leader facilitates, participates, or fosters interprofessional or interdisciplinary collaboration?
- What is an example of how this leader champions quality and safety in the organization or public health system?
- Evaluate the leader’s qualifications to be a doctoral preceptor.
- Is this person trusted and respected in the organization and community?
- Identify the connections he or she has to formal and informal power;and how these might be leveraged to assist you in a quality improvement project or evidence-based practice change.
- For example, could you get help with;navigating policy, recruiting team members, or enlisting buy-in?
- Describe a gap, a problem, or an opportunity for a doctoral project.
- Can this be connected to an organizational, systemic, or public health strategic priority?
- What are the implications for patient outcomes and safety?
- Assess the;leader’s approach to data management.
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
- Length: 3-5 pages of content, plus title and reference pages.
- Resources: At least three resources, including personal communications when appropriate, published within the last 5 years.
- APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
There are no bids yet.
All Rights Reserved, Dataedy.com 2020