Question 4.What event marked the end of the Ghost Dances?
· the death of Sitting Bull
· the Wounded Knee Massacre
· the capture of Geronimo
· the ratification of the Dawes Act
Question 5.By the end of the 19th century, most of the New South industries were __________.
· textile mills, tobacco factories, and steel mills
· sawmills, cotton production, and tobacco factories
· orchards, coal mines, and steel mills
· orchards, cotton production, and tobacco factories
Question 6.The Jim Crow system restricted the rights and political participation of __________.
· poor southerners
· African Americans
Question 7.“I will fight no more forever” is a famous statement made by __________ at his surrender in Montana.
· Chief Red Cloud
· Sitting Bull
· Chief Joseph
Question 8.Which of the following was NOT a major factor in the American evolution from small industries to massive, impersonal corporations?
· new immigration regulations
· new technologies
· new methods of manufacturing
· new theories of business organization
Question 9.Regarding the Plains tribes, the U.S. federal government’s ultimate goal was to __________.
· extinguish tribal society through land policies, education, and law
· teach the tribes how to be self-sufficient and self-governing
· relocate the Plains tribes across the border to Canada
· assimilate the Plains tribes into one larger group
Question 10.Southern mill owners often excluded African American workers from their textile mills, due to prejudice and fear of __________.
· labor strikes
There are no bids yet.
All Rights Reserved, Dataedy.com 2020