[1500 words] Perform a field research by visiting three of the virtual sites and include the names of the places visited. The virtual visits research should progress in three stages: Preliminary research, field research, and supplementary research
write minimum 1500 words based on the instructions
The three religious sites visited are: Pilgrimage: A 21st century Journey through Mecca and Medina. Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem. And, Canterbury Cathedral.
Virtual Pilgrimage. For this writing assignment, you will need to visit three of the nine provided virtual sites and write an insightful essay that demonstrates a general understanding of the importance of each of the sites within its religious tradition (1,500 – 1,800 words, double spaced, MLA formatting).
- MLA format required
- Double-spaced, 12 point size, Arial or Times New Roman font
- Length: 1500-1800 words (not Including your Works Cited page)
- Content: Field research and supplementary research
- Sources: 2 academic sources minimum
- Works Cited page required
- Note that the rubric is a duplicate of the one that will be used to grade your final version of this paper.
- At the top of your paper, please include the names of the three religious sites visited.
- Your research should ideally progress in three stages:
- Before visiting each virtual site, complete some preliminary research on the religious tradition. What is the history of the particular religious sites you have chosen? Which denomination/sect, if any, subscribes to the importance of these religious sites? This will help contextualize some of the ceremonies/services you will experience.
- Virtually visit each of the sites and observe closely. Takes notes on what you observe at each virtual site (e.g. rituals, practitioners’ expressions, social interactions, religious art, symbols, architecture, etc.)
- After your visit, research any elements of the experience that were unfamiliar and that left you with questions, including but not limited to the practices, symbols, and architecture. In other words, research each element and find out why it’s important within this particular tradition.
- If you observe men wearing kippahs (or yarmulkes) at a Jewish service, you don’t want to write in your essay, “There were these men and they were wearing these funny hats but I don’t know why.” This is where your additional research comes in. Find out what the hats are called, and find out why they’re worn.
- If you observe worshipers washing their hands and feet at a Mosque, you don’t want to write in your essay, “Everyone was washing their hands and feet but I don’t know why they did that and it was pretty weird.”
Upon completing these three stages, write a detailed and insightful essay that demonstrates a general understanding of the importance of each of the sites within its religious tradition. Then compare and contrast the three sites and the rituals associated with them. Do you think they are more similar or more different?Finally, include your personal reaction to the virtual visits and what you discovered. How did you respond? Did you enjoy the visit or did you see anything that made you uncomfortable? Were your opinions about the religion challenged or confirmed by the site visit?
There are no bids yet.
All Rights Reserved, Dataedy.com 2020