Week 4: Probability, Sampling Distributions, and Confidence Intervals
Assignment: Introduction to Quantitative Analysis: Confidence Intervals
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources related to probability, sampling distributions, and confidence intervals.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Confidence Intervalsand the Skill Builder: Sampling Distributions, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Using the SPSS software, open the High School Longitudinal Study from Week 2.
- Choose an appropriate variable from Weeks 2 and 3 and calculate a confidence interval in SPSS.
- Once you perform your confidence interval, review Chapter 5 and 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your results and include a copy and paste of the appropriate visual display of the data into your document. You are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1Par1Edu.
Based on the results of your data in this confidence interval Assignment, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be.