Patterns in Nature (Gathering Informations about Topics)
You may complete 2 topics from the list. (TWO) .
Each topic paper is worth 5 points.
Each one should be sperated and …
- be a double spaced, one page entry with one inch margins, 12pt font and name on the top .
- have references (with whatever format you are comfortable using) that should be included at the end of your paper.
- be submitted using one of the following formats (.doc .docx .pdf or .txt).
- **include both (if you do both) papers in one file.
- include your last name and topic(s) in the name of your filename: Ex. mayereyesandsky.doc
1.) Discuss why animal eyes glow green when illuminated at night. What causes “red – eye” in flash pictures?
2.) Is blue sky polarized, is the sun polarized? Blue light reflected from a glass table polarized? Why do some sunglasses block glare of off water and others do not? What other applications are there for polarizers?
3.) Discuss Chromatic aberration in a lens.
4.) Why does a blue sky have white clouds? Why do the clouds appear red at sunset. What is the “Green Flash seen in some sunsets in Hawaii?
5) IR and UV – Compare IR and UV traversing air in terms of velocity, wavelength, and energy. Also include some uses for IR and UV that you have researched.