Your company has had embedded HR generalists in business units for the past several years. Over that time, it has become more costly and more difficult to maintain standards, and is a frustration for business units to have that budget “hit.” The leadership has decided to move to a more centralized model of delivering HR services and has asked you to evaluate that proposition and begin establishing a project team to initiate the needed changes. The project team is selected, and you must now provide a general direction.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Review and define the five steps of strategic planning depicted in Exhibit 2-1 in the textbook on page 34. Based on the information, provide a statement of the overall importance of these steps to your project team.
- Develop a vision and mission statement for the project team specific to the current project. Hint: It is highly recommended to follow the guidance offered in the textbook about vision and mission statements.
- Explain to the project team what a project charter is and why it is used.
- Review Exhibit 3.3 in the textbook and select any three charter elements you feel are more important and explain why.
- Provide a statement of emphasis to your project team based on the information you provided in the previous three sections of the paper requirements.
- The goal is to ensure your team understands the importance of the information.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate
- The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create an overview of project planning, a project vision and mission statement, a project charter, and a statement of emphasis
COMPLETION DEADLINE: SUNDAY @ 12EST