The alarming opioid crisis, with its staggering death rates, is affecting the life expectancy rates of Americans. Select one of the populations on the map and address the following:
- Compare the opioid-related overdose death rates of the selected population(Florida) to national (USA) opioid-related overdose death rates.
- Identify one primary, one secondary, and one tertiary prevention intervention to reduce the misuse of opioids in the selected population.
- Describe one evidence-based strategy to address provider opioid prescription rates.
- Identify the stakeholders charged with addressing the opioid crisis in your community.
- Share your professional experience related to the topic.
Selected population : Florida
[Opioid-Related Overdose Death Rates (per 100,000 people) (2016): 14.40
Opioid Pain Reliever Prescriptions (per 100 persons) (2015): 62.80]
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.