- Footprinting of a Network.docx (61.144 KB)
This hands-on guide demonstrates how to conduct “Footprinting of a network” The best way to ensure your infrastructure is secure is to understand the steps an intruder may use to footprint a recon a network.
This exercise is exploratory (no right or wrong answer)
Find any website and check the DNS records
1. Go to dnschecker.org
- Go through the text records (A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, NS, PTR, SRV, SOA, TXT, CAA) In a word document copy and paste the information (Blue Text) of all the Text Record information
Search the domain using Sam Spade to get more information about the network, what ever you find paste it in the word document as well.
Sam Spade Video (If you prefer another video Google Sam Spade Footprinting)
- Is the website secure with SSL?
- What did you find out about the network?
- Are other networks connected to it?
- Is it a Linux or Windows server
- Based on your findings what are some vulnerabilities
- Note: It is really easy to get stuck in the Matrix, do not dive to in-depth – just the surface of gathering information.
- SPAM CODE: https://www.majorgeeks.com/index.php?ct=files&action=download&