You are appointed to the benefits administrator at San Jose County Hospital to address employee benefits issues. In a 5-page report, address the following questions:
- What is an employee benefit?
- How do benefits affect the recruitment and retention efforts of healthcare staff?
- What are the challenges faced by healthcare managers in designing and implementing incentive programs and benefits packages?
- List four employee benefits, and discuss them in terms of the following:
- What is the purpose of the benefit?
- Who pays?
- Who determines the amount?
- What are the types of plans?
- Why is it important to do a cost–benefit analysis in HRM activities, especially recruitment and retention?
- How do financial issues or concerns like benefits influence HR policies?
- Make a recommendation in your summary on the types of benefits that San Jose County Hospital should offer to its employees.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.