Explain the differences between types of diabetes including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes
Diabetes and Drug Treatments
Diabetes is an endocrine system disorder that affects millions of children and adults (ADA, 2011). If left untreated, diabetic patients are at risk for several alterations including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. There are various methods for treating diabetes, many of which include some form of drug therapy. The type of diabetes as well as the patient’s behavior factors will impact treatment recommendations. In this Assignment, you compare types of diabetes including drug treatments for type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes.
- Review this week’s media presentation on the endocrine system and diabetes, as well as Chapter 45 of the Arcangelo and Peterson text and the Peterson et al. article in the Learning Resources.
- Reflect on differences between types of diabetes including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes.
- Select one type of diabetes.
- Consider one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Then, reflect on dietary considerations related to treatment.
- Think about the short-term and long-term impact of the diabetes you selected on patients including effects of drug treatments.
By Day 6
Write a 2- to 3- page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain the differences between types of diabetes including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes.
- Describe one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Include dietary considerations related to treatment.
- Explain the short-term and long-term impact of this diabetes on patients including effects of drugs treatments.
Reminder: The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The Sample Paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/57.htm). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK06Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment link.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK06Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality