Choose a topic of an ethical issue that is of interest to you that is relevant to nurses/nursing practice. Ideally, you will choose a topic in which you do not have great deal of knowledge or pre-conceived ideas. This topic will also be relevant to nursing practice. Journals and articles other than those in the nursing profession may be considered. This assignment is a formally written paper in APA format, 7th edition. A minimum of three professional references is required (from 2016 to 2021). You may use internet sites and articles, but they will not be counted as a professional citation. Only a Word document that can be edited will be accepted.
· The term “ethical dilemma” refers to a situation where choices need to be made, the answers may not be clear, the options are not ideal and there may be active barriers to a reasonable solution.
· The topic is objectively defined and described. As nurses we have a duty to our patients to advocate for them. At the same time, we must keep ourselves out of the situation. This section must address the topic with objectivity and facts.
· Write in the third person until you are to provide your personal professional response.
· At least three professional nursing journal articles should be cited to substantiate the facts that are relevant to the topic.
· The paper introduction should be submitted in APA style (7th edition). Please familiarize yourself with APA and how to cite references.
· The final paper should be 6 ½ to 7 ½ pages (double-spaced 12-pt. Times New Roman font).
Use the following as Level One Headings for your paper:
· Identification and Discussion of the Ethical Dimensions
· Relevance of the Ethical Issue to Nursing
· Analysis of Relevant Ethical Principles, Theories, Laws, and Standards of Practice
· Personal Professional Response to the Issue