You are a consultant that specializes in enterprise resource planning (ERP). You have been hired by a small start-up manufacturing company, with fewer than 500 hundred employees, that specializes in electronic devices.
The CEO of the startup manufacturing company you are working with asked you to attend the executive steering committee meeting. The committee is looking to implement a new SCM system. The company does not currently have an SCM system and does believe there is a need for one. The lack of having one causes the company to have occasional operational issues, which results in a loss of revenue.
The executive steering committee has asked you to research the different SCM system software packages available and create a comparison chart of the different packages. They would also like you to provide a summary that will recommend what SCM system the organization should use.
Research at least four SCM system software packages.
Design a comparison chart for at least four SCM packages you researched that includes the following:
- Demand planning
- Import/export management
- Inventory management
- Shipping management
- Supplier management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse management
Write a 2-page summary that will help the executives determine which SCM system and strategy to use that will ensure success. Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- The value of SCM and how it differs from CRM and ERP
- A high-level overview of the supply chain
- Why each step in SCM is important to the organization?
- How an SCM system will help the company succeed and correct the operational issues
- What are the tasks the IT department must do in setting up an SCM and for ongoing maintenance of an SCM?
- Why the selected SCM system is the best for their organization
Part – 2
The CEO of the manufacturing company you are currently consulting for has now asked you to look into implementing a CRM. The company currently uses spreadsheets to track sales calls and a paper address book to keep customer information. The CEO has asked you to research and recommend a CRM that will meet the company’s needs.
Research at least three CRM packages.
Use Microsoft Excel® to create a comparison table that compares the pros and cons of each package.
Select one product for the manufacturing company.
Create a 10- to 12-slide narrated, multimedia-rich Microsoft PowerPoint ® presentation for the CEO on why implementing the chosen CRM is prudent. Be sure to address the following:
- The value of CRM and how it differs from SCM and ERP
- Why the chosen package is most appropriate
- How this software will be an improvement over their current methods
- How the chosen CRM package will fit into the overall enterprise of the organization
- What are the benefits the customer can expect as a result of implementing the new software?
- What are the tasks that the IT department must do in setting up a CRM and for ongoing maintenance of an CRM?