Private School vs. Public School
This part of your exam is an INDIVIDUAL paper. In a written response of a MINIMUM of 1000 words, choose a winner in the Public/Private/Charter ED Battle. You should use as much course content as possible to write your response. Additional research may be necessary and is always appropriate. Address the following:
- Why did you choose that winner?
- How is it connected to the various ideas of the course?
- How would various thinkers respond (Thomas Jefferson, Horace Mann, Booker T. Washington, etc.) to your choice?
- What is the philosophical/ideological/political connections to this decision?
- Who benefits from this choice? Who suffers?
- What will happen if your winner stays the winner?
- What will happen when/if ideologies change?
- How does society as a whole benefit from your winner?
- How does society as a whole suffer?
- And any other issue/idea you deem relevant
- I’ve already chosen public school as my winner because of there is no tuition, teachers have to be certified and because private schools pick their children.