- Discuss the importance of chemistry in our society
- CO 2 – Use the periodic table to gain meaning about the elements.
- MO 2 – Understand the periods, groups, and families of the periodic table.
- MO 6 – Understand periodic trends that include atomic size, ionization energy, and metallic character.
Step 1: In your initial post, respond to the following prompt:
- What are some of the various forms of energy?
- Explain how energy is converted from one form to another.
- Demonstrate these conversions using an example from daily activities. For example, when you are riding a roller coaster, there is a continuous conversion from gravitational potential energy when you are at the peak of a roller coaster to kinetic energy as you move toward the bottom of the coaster. As you travel down the coaster the kinetic energy increases and the potential energy decreases.
- -Posts well developed answers that fully addresses and develops all aspects of the concept
- -Posts factually correct, reflective and substantive contribution; advances discussion.
- -Use REFERENCES to literature, readings, or personal experience to support comments\
- -500 words minimum