This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome:
CS212M2-2: Apply techniques for presenting professionalism through social media.
“A brand is a story always being told” -Scott Bedbury (Nike and Starbucks executive), quoted in 11 Simple Steps for a Successful Brand Building Process.
LinkedIn is a powerful social media tool that can help you communicate your personal brand. For the Assessment, you will create a professional LinkedIn profile. You do not have to create an account for this assessment. Following the items in the Competency Assessment template, you will write out the profile information in a Microsoft Word® document. If you have an existing LinkedIn account, review the current content and update it to meet guidelines for this assessment.
When the assessment is complete, submit it to the Competency Assessment Dropbox.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Use of the Assessment template provided.
- Completion of the required sections of the Assessment template.
- Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should:
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font; and
- be free of spelling or punctuation errors.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.