• 6+ typed pages (business writing format)
• 12-point font
• No cover page
• Minimum of 5 information sources (examples: newspapers, magazines, academic books, personal interviews, and websites)
• Cite references at end of paper (not included in page length requirement)
• Reference citations in APA (preferred) or other consistently applied format (Chicago, MLA, etc.)
• Graphics may be included, but do not count towards page length requirement
• Choose one organization engaged in global commerce to profile.
• Include some basic information on the history, size, and structure of the organization. Be sure to consider what countries the organization is currently engaged with.
• Include some basic information on the organization’s host country culture.
• Discuss any unique cultural aspects of the organization that may or may not differ from the country where it is headquartered.
• Identify any cross-cultural communication issues that arose for this particular organization in conducting business across borders.
• You may discuss hypothetical issues that could arise for this organization if it did conduct business in another particular country (i.e., if profiling Stone Brewing, how could it successfully open a potential location in Brazil).
• You may consider issues pertaining to cross-cultural communication in general, cross-cultural negotiation, and international human resources.
Note: Feel free to focus on any aspect of the organization’s culture that you wish; the above guidelines are intentionally broad in nature.