Reflect on the assigned readings from Chapter 5: Leading and Managing Project Teams. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Cultural patterns differ in various parts of the world, so project team members need to be more sensitive as to how their actions are interpreted. Project managers working with global and virtual project teams need to be especially mindful of the increased need for communications. Discuss some of the extra communications challenges posed by virtual and global project teams, along with a few approaches to address these challenges.
- You are a project manager leading an IT development project. Halfway through your project, you realize that you need to hire an additional worker in order to complete the project on time. How will you convince your project sponsors to authorize the hire? How will you on-board your new worker?
- Provide a min. of 500 words of reply.
- Must utilize the required textbook when completing the post.
- Must list all references and cite your source(s) within the body of the initial post.
- Every sentence with material from an outside source must be cited. Just putting a citation at the end of a paragraph or the entire post is not accurate.
- Citations must contain the page number on which you located the information. For our textbook material from page 15 would appear as (Kloppenborg et al. 2019, p 15)
- Initial post must utilize a narrative form. Use paragraphs. Do not use bullet points or provide lists.