- Choose a print ad for a consumer product or service (not an industrial product or business service) from a consumer-oriented magazine or a newspaper. (Not Online)
- Analyze the ad following the format and answering the questions below. Attach the ad.
- Download the required worksheet ( ) to your computer desktop.
- Complete your name, date, company/ product, and magazine source.
- Analyze the print advertisement and answer each question using the format provided and the space needed.
- Proofread your work. Check grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Delete the assignment instructions from the worksheet.
- Upload the worksheet to the corresponding assignment drop box before the due date.
- Include the magazine advertisement in the file that you upload.
- You may email me with any questions or comments. Thank you.
Once submitted to this dropbox, your submission will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Selection of a print ad from a consumer-oriented magazine for a brand/ product of your choice.
- Use of required worksheet with assignment instructions deleted.
- Target market description.
- Identification and description of Type of Segmentation used.
- Identification and description of how the ad addresses a specific stage of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Identification and description of how the ad fits selected stage of the consumer decision process.
- Explanation of how the brand is positioned.
- Development of the brand’s positioning statement following the format provided.
- A summary of key learning from this exercise.
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling.
- Inclusion of magazine advertisement in the file that you upload.