****Please do not accept if it cannot be done tonight****
- Problem #1: 6×2 – x – 15 = 0
- Problem #2: x2 − 2x − 24 = 0
- For the factoring problem, be sure you show all steps to the factoring and solving. Show a check of your solutions back into the original equation.
- For the quadratic formula problem, be sure that you use readable notation while you are working the computational steps. Refer to the Inserting Math Symbols handout for guidance with formatting.
- Present your final solutions as decimal approximations carried out to the third decimal place. Due to the nature of these solutions, no check is required.
- Incorporate the following four math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing. Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.
- Quadratic formula
- Completing the square