Describe the following in your own words with examples: a. matched design pairs
- (10 marks) Read through this sample research study in human–computer interaction, and expand on it (1 pages), as a mixed-methods research study:
Greenberg, S. (2009). Controlled study: Mouse typing on various keyboards. Retrieved from http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~saul/wiki/pmwiki.php/HCILectures/ControlledStudyKeyboardComparison
- (10 marks) Use one of the software packages below (or one you have found) to create a sample survey that corresponds with your research. Submit an introduction to the survey and a link to that survey. What potential conclusions can you arrive at from the survey? Does it make sense to conduct interviews with a subset of participants who responded to the survey? Explain. Note that the first software tool below is open source; the second is a free version of a proprietary package.
LimeSurvey. (n.d.). LimeSurvey download page. Retrieved from http://www.limesurvey.org/en/download
SurveyMonkey. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://try.surveymonkey.com/?gclid=CN3Mt4yhyKwCFQRYhwods17Tqg
Go to “Sign Up FREE” at the right-hand side of the screen.
- (10 marks) Using R, determine the correlational relationship between any two sample sets of data of your choice.
- (10 marks) In your own words, write brief discussions of any two types of research designs that are relevant for your research.
- (10 marks) In your own words, describe true experimental design, in which participants are randomly allocated to groups and the experimenter maintains control over all variables and manipulates the independent variable or variables.
- (10 marks) Describe the following in your own words with examples.
- two groups design
- post-test only randomized controlled trial
- (10 marks) Describe the following in your own words with examples:
- post-test only treatment comparison
- pre-test post-test randomized controlled trial