Bill is a manager at a midsize personal computer manufacturer offering customers desktops and laptops. He has watched the recent, rapid rise of tablet computers with some concern. Initially, tablets….
What can we do to build more resilient communities BEFORE a disaster strikes so the impact of such a disaster is lessened?
Diverse Populations: Socio-cultural Context
Listen: to This American Life Episode 296: After The Flood (September 9, 2005) 60 min http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/296/after-the-flood
~ Try listening while driving, cooking, folding laundry or doing other household tasks if you find it difficult to listen without visual input J
Reflect on the following:
- What “Act” stuck out to you the most? Why?
- What would you find the most challenging as someone involved in Emergency Management or as part of a Recovery team?
- How might these experiences have been better Prevented?
- What can we do to build more resilient communities BEFORE a disaster strikes so the impact of such a disaster is lessened?
- What must be done AFTER a disaster in this context to build community recovery and resilience?