For this assignment, we will use the description of the ChiroTouch chiropractic EMR software at the websites http://www.softwareadvice.com/medical/chirotouch-profile/
and we will assume it is being implemented in a chiropractic practice.
Implementation Strategy – Will the system be implemented on the premises or as a Cloud-based service? Explain your recommendation for the chiropractic practice.
- Vendor agreement
- What does the chiropractic practice need to do to be able to start using the system?
- How much will it cost to use the system?
- Hardware and telecommunications
- What hardware will the chiropractic practice need to have in order to implement and use the solution?
- What kind of telecommunications will be needed for the solution, including local connectivity inside the practice and Internet access?
- What options does the vendor offer for configuring the off-the-shelf system to the chiropractic practice’s needs?
- How will the configuration be done and by whom?
- How will the chiropractic practice test the system to see if it is working properly for its needs?
- Who should be involved in the testing?
- Employee preparation – Identify what the chiropractic practice will need to do in each of the following areas to prepare the employees to use the new system.
- Leadership and Change Management
- Data migration
- What existing data would likely need to be entered into the system to get started?
- How might this be accomplished?
- Who will provide updates and corrections to the system?
- How will that be done?
select 2 of the 7 implementation considerations . Then:
- Write a short paragraph (4-5 sentences) to explain whether you are recommending an on-premises implementation or a Cloud-based implementation of the ChiroTouch system at the chiropractic practice. Explain your recommendation.
- Write a short paragraph (4-5 sentences) to respond to each of the questions listed for your Implementation Consideration and what needs to be considered for the implementation of the ChiroTouch system at the chiropractic practice.