Bill is a manager at a midsize personal computer manufacturer offering customers desktops and laptops. He has watched the recent, rapid rise of tablet computers with some concern. Initially, tablets….
the focus or general construct of the conflict
Assignment 2: Conflict Resolution—Interview
For this assignment:
- Select and interview a professional who deals with conflict.
- Ask this person to share his or her experiences mediating a difficult conflict situation by answering the following questions:
- Who was involved?
- What happened?
- What obstacles were experienced?
- What approach was taken to influence others?
- What and how was power demonstrated?
- What were the outcomes of the power plays?
- Was trust an important factor? How so? What seemed to keep trust from building?
- What risks and trade-offs were evident in the conflict resolution?
- Prepare a response that describes:
- The focus or general construct of the conflict
- Your strategy for analyzing the conflict
- The macrofactors (leadership, trust, and power) and the microattributes (values, personality, conflict style, and emotional intelligence)
- How the two types of conflict (interpersonal and group to group) were present
- Your conclusions about the nature of leadership in conflict resolution
- Whether your discoveries from this exercise would alter the conflict resolution model you created in an earlier module and why or why not
- By the due date assigned, submit your responses to the Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two classmates’ responses.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
|Discussion Grading Table||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||16|
|Quality of responses to classmates||12|
|Frequency of responses to classmates||4|
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||4|
|Language and grammar||4|