P3-36A Journalizing and posting adjustments to the four-column accounts and preparing an adjusted trial balance The unadjusted trial balance of Newport Inn Company at December 31, 2016, and the data….
Provide an example of at least one significant terrorist action by each branch of Islam.
Within the religion of Islam, there are several divisions. Those who follow the Sunni version of Islam and those who follow the Shia interpretation are often in conflict. In the Muslim world, certain countries are predominantly Sunni and others are predominantly Shia. Wars have been fought over this division, including a recent 8-year war between Iran and Iraq.
Understanding the differences between these two interpretations is helpful in understanding terrorism and national security.
For this assignment, create a 10- to 12-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint that addresses the following points:
- What are the points of conflict between Sunni and Shia Muslims? Where do their interpretations of Islam differ significantly?
- How and when did these conflicts come into existence?
- In what ways do they share the same beliefs? Is antipathy toward the West an automatic position?
- Identify which nations are predominantly Sunni and which are Shia. Illustrate with a map.
- Provide an example of at least one significant terrorist action by each branch of Islam.
- Discuss whether counterterrorism authorities should prepare differently for Sunni terrorism than they would for Shia terrorism