. What are the most important contributions by Galileo in the history of physics? Why do you think so? How do these contributions affect your life? Your journal entry must….
societal influence that affected the purchases.
Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 3 paragraphs on the following:
- What were the most compelling topics learned in this course?
- How did participating in discussions help your understanding of the subject matter? Is anything still unclear that could be clarified?
- What approaches could have yielded additional valuable information?
- The main post should include at least 1 reference to research sources, and all sources should be cited using APA format.
Part 1 Tasks (Objectives from Phases 1–4): My Personal Customer Profile.
Using the information that you have researched about your own buying behavior during Phases 1–4, it is time to create your personal customer profile.
For this Key Assignment draft, you are compiling all of your ideas related to social, group, and anthropological views of consumer behavior and the influences and effects of social class, family structure, cultural background, and group identification. You are also considering how technology, the economy, and political factors influence your consumer behaviors, create customer retention, and help you understand your own consumer behavior.
The profile is designed to explain your personal buying habits and behaviors—essentially why you buy.
Your customer profile will include the following sections:
Section I: Why Do I Buy? My Buying Behaviors and Attitude
This section will include information about what motivates you to purchase products or services. It will show how your cultural and societal influences are interrelated in your buying choices. Katz (1937) noted that consumer attitudes exist to satisfy one of these 4 functions: Utilitarian, Value-Expressive, Ego-Defensive, and Knowledge.
Section 1 should include the following:
- Your photo
- An analysis of 3 purchases that you made recently with reasons why you bought the products or services
- Explain 1 societal influence that affected the purchases.
- Explain 1 group influence that affected the purchases.
- Explain 1 cultural influence that affected the purchases.
- An analysis of your buying attitude and its influence on your consumer buying decisions
- Click here for additional information on consumer attitudes.
Choose 1 of the buying attitudes in the following table, and explain why you buy. Include an example of a product or service that matches this buyer attitude and purchasing behavior.
My Buying Attitude
Why I Buy
Utilitarian: Individuals with this attitude buy based on the amount of pain or pleasure that it brings.
Value-Expressive: Individuals with this attitude buy based on how the product affects their social identity.
Ego-Defensive: Individuals with this attitude believe that a certain product or service may compromise their self-image.
Knowledge: Individuals with this attitude examine facts and real-world situations when buying a product.
Section 2: What Speaks to Me? My Communication Style
This section examines your personal communication style and how it affects your buying choices. This section will also include what type of advertising messages and appeal influence your purchase decisions.
Section 2 should include the following:
- An explanation of what advertising appeal attracts your attention the most and why. To help you get started, click here.
- An analysis of how a brand can get your attention quickly and effectively to make you a lifelong, loyal customer.
- Include an example of an ad that appealed to you and why. It can be a print ad, social media site, television or radio commercial, direct mail piece, or any communication that “spoke” to you and made you consider purchasing the product.