Question description A fifty-nine (59) year old black American with hypertension and hypercholesterolemia is brought to the emergency department. She has a history of tobacco use for 25 year; quit….
invention and innovation
Please read the course materials for the week and then participate in this discussion by answering ONE of the following questions. Your response should be a minimum of 250 words.
- Who was the better inventor, Edison or Tesla, and why?
- How might one relate Einstein’s theory of relativity to mathematical perspective in art?
- Select one invention or innovation from the period under discussion this week. How did it transform the daily lives and the worldview of lower class, middle class, and upper class people, if at all?
- Read “Einstein on Newton” by Albert Einstein.
- Read “Ancestors of E = mc2” by David Bodanis.
- Read “Special Relativity in a Nutshell” by Brian Greene.
- Read/watch the following from Edison vs. Tesla:
- “Top 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Thomas Alva Edison.”
- “Top 11 Things You Didn’t Know About Nikola Tesla.”
- “Who Was the Better Inventor, Tesla or Edison?”
- Read “The ‘Industrial Revolution’ in the Home: Household Technology and Social Change in the 20th Century” by Ruth Schwartz Cowan.