Policy Outcomes (5.5 page paper) Construct constitutive and operational definitions for any three (3) of the following actions and outcome variables: Program expenditure Equality of educational opportunity Personnel turnover National….
The S-T-L-C System
Portfolio Project (350 Points)
Important! Read First
Choose one of the following two projects to complete this week. Do not do both projects. Identify your project choice in the title of your submission.
Option #1:—Persuasion Focus
For the Portfolio Project you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learned about conflict and persuasion by analyzing a persuasive encounter you have experienced. You will apply and assess the skills and theories presented in this course as they relate to your case study.
To support your application of concepts, terms, techniques, and theories, draw on and discuss at 4-6 credible/academic sources other than our assigned books (the journal articles are okay). The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find credible sources.
Section One: Introduction—Situation Overview (approximately 2 pages) Analyze a recent persuasive encounter you have directly experienced (not one described to you by a family member, friend, or coworker). Keep in mind that negotiations involve persuasion, so you can share a recent negotiation or a time when you presented an argument of some sort. In this section, focus on WHAT led to the persuasive encounter. Write a narrative of the persuasive encounter as if you were telling it to another person.
Here are some questions to keep in mind (no need to answer each one; they are offered as possible items for consideration):
· What was the main issue that was at the core of the persuasive encounter?
· Who was involved? What were the relationships among those involved? What power, if any, was evident in the relationship(s)?
· How do you think the other person(s) in the persuasive encounter viewed it?
· Who else may have been affected by this persuasion? How did the impact on them affect your approach?
· Why is the persuasive encounter worthy of analysis? What can you and your reader expect to gain by examining and analyzing the interaction?
Please be specific in use of pronouns and names of people within the interaction. If you want to maintain anonymity of those involved, you may create pseudonyms rather than referring to individuals by position or through some other naming device.
Section Two: Theoretical Connections (approximately 3-4 pages) The application step of this Portfolio Project incorporates the theoretical perspectives covered in class. To explain your understanding of these theories, indicate which of the following theories of persuasion are most useful for examining the persuasive encounter:
· Culture and its influence on evidence and persuasion
Link this analysis to theory explanations from your assigned readings and outside sources.
Section Three: Skills Assessment (approximately 3-4 pages) Evaluate the interaction by applying techniques and skills covered in the course. Which of the following methods are applicable to the interaction that is your case study and why?
· The Negotiation Method
· BATNA—Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement
· Negotiation jujitsu
Support your position with reference to the assigned readings and your outside sources.
Section Four: Conflict Assessment (approximately 1 page): How did conflict affect the persuasion encounter? Be sure to use conflict terminology to examine the role of conflict in the persuasive encounter. You could use any of the following:
· Communication phases and processes in conflict
· Patterns and cycles in constructive and destructive conflict processes
· Communication options in conflict
· The S-T-L-C System
· Conflict climates
· Forgiveness and reconciliation