Question description Locate a recent court case, lawsuit, or an article addressing discrimination in the selection criteria and methods used for hiring or a promotion. Write a paper of at….
R = 0.08206 atm L mol -1 K- 1 = 8.314 J mol -1 K -1
TK = TºC + 273.15
Kw = 1.0 x 10-14
pH = pKa + log [A-]/[HA]
- Macnic acid (HMac) has a pKa of 4.460. Calculate the Kb of its conjugate base
- Which of the following ions will hydrolyze in water to give a basic solution?
- Consider the following lists of acids:
List A: HBrO, HBrO2, HBrO3
List B: PH3, H2S, HCl
The weakest acid of List A is ______. The weakest acid of List B is____
a. HBrO, HCl
b. HBrO2, HCl
c. HBrO3, H2S
d. HBrO, PH3
- What is the molar solubility of Ca3(PO4)2 (Ksp = 2.10 x 10-33) in 0.609 M K3PO4?
a. 3.52×10-10 M
b. 2.42×10-10 M
c. 5.94×10-12 M
d. 3.31×10-10 M
e. 5.12×10-10 M
- A buffer consists of 0.414 M HCOOH (Ka = 1.8 x 10-5) and 0.749 M NaCOOH. What is the pH of the buffer after the addition of 0.20 mol of HCl to 1.0 L of this buffer (Assume the volume doesn’t change)?
- Consider the titration of 31.1 ml of 0.300 M NH3 with 0.230 M HCl. What volume of HCl is required to reach the equivalence point?
a. 54.6 mL
b. 62.5 mL
c. 40.6 mL
d. 22.4 mL
e. 53.0 mL
- A certain chemical reaction has ΔHro < 0 and a ΔSro > 0. Which statement is correct?
a. The reaction is only spontaneous at low temperatures
b. The reaction is only spontaneous at high temperatures
c. The reaction is spontaneous at all temperatures
d. The reaction is never spontaneous
- A weak acid indicator has a Ka = 1.3 x 10-3. It changes color from pink (acidic color) to orange (base color) around pH of ___. Therefore at pH of 7.00 this indicator is _____
a. 3, pink
b. 5, pink
c. 3, orange
d. 5, orange
e. 1, pink
- One liter of each of the following solutions are mixed. After mixing, which one is a buffer?
a. 0.4 M HF and 0.4 M KOH
b. 0.75 M NH3 and 0.5 M HCl
c. 0.4 M HCN and 0.6 M NaOH
d. 0.2 M HCl and 0.1 M KOH
- When 1 liter volumes of the below solutions are mixed, which will result in the precipitation of PbCl2 ( Ksp = 1.7 x 10-5)
a. 0.04 M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.08 M KCl
b. 0.001 M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.05 M KCl
c. 0.002 M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.02 M KCl
d. 0.002 M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.02 M KCl
e. 0.01 M Pb(NO3)2 and 0.005 M KCl
- In which of the following is BaCO3 least soluble?
a. 0.1 M Na2CO3
b. 0.05 M BaNO3
c. 0.01 M HCl
d. 0.1 M KI
- A solution is 3.82 x 10-3 M in both Ca2+ and Sr2+. Solid K2SO4 is added to precipitate the sulfates. What concentration of sulfate is need to precipitate as much of the Sr2+ without precipitating any of the Ca2+ (Ksp(CaSO4) = 2.40 x 10-5, and Ksp(SrSO4) = 2.80 x 10-7)?
a. 7.41×10-3 M
b. 3.17×10-3 M
c. 7.05×10-3 M
d. 6.28×10-3 M
e. 2.21×10-3 M
- A buffer solution is 0.824 M in CH3NH2 (Kb = 4.4 x 10-4) and 0.843 M in CH3NH3Cl. What is the pH of this buffer?
- Consider the titration of 50.0 ml of 0.262 M HF (Ka = 1.3 x 10-5) with 0.200 M NaOH. What is the pH of the solution after the addition of 17.5 ml of the NaOH?
- Consider the following reaction
2 A + 3 B –> 3 C
If ΔGfo of A, B and C are 123 kJ/mol, -242 kJ/mol and 225 kJ/mol respectively, calculate ΔGro for the reaction
a. 572 kJ/mol
b. 720. kJ/mol
c. 493 kJ/mol
d. 1.16×103 kJ/mol
e. 520. kJ/mol
- Which statement is correct?
a. During a spontaneous process the entropy change is zero
b. All Bronsted-Lowry acids are also Lewis acids
c. During a spontaneous process the Gibbs energy increases
d. Salts of weak bases are basic
e. Silver chloride is completely insoluble
- What is the common ion when a solution of HCl is mixed with a solution of NaCl
- If the base dissociation constant of ammonia is 1.8 x 10-5, what is the pH of a 0.212 M solution of NH4I?
- Which of the following salts would you expect to be neutral?
- Which of the following is most likley to act as a Lewis base?