So, the decision process of buying detergent has become Habitual Decision Making process. 2. 2. Influences on consumer decision making “There are different factors influences the consumer decision making process…..
Identify the independent variable
This assignment has several parts.In part I, you will come up with a hypothesis that is amenable to the scientific method of research.In other words, think of something you are interested in and write a concise hypothesis that taps that area of interest.Also, make sure to identify the dependent variable and the independent variable.Some examples are listed below.
Research area: The effect of poverty on criminal behavior
Research question: Do individuals who live below the poverty line (as defined by the U.S. Government) commit more criminal acts as compared to individuals who do not live below the poverty line?
Research area: The effectiveness of evidence-based policies
Research question: Do policies created based on empirical evidence exhibit more favorable results (i.e., the policy works) as compared to policies not based on empirical evidence?
Research area: The gender gap in science
Hypothesis: Males report more interest in academic disciplines such as mathematics and engineering as compared to females
1. Your Research Question:
2. Your Research Hypothesis:
3. Dependent variable:
4. Independent variable:
4. Using a path diagram, DRAW the anticipated relationship between your independent variable and your dependent variable.Be sure to indicate the anticipated DIRECTION of the relationship. This may be done using shapes or simple utilizing arrows (i.e., à) showing me which direction the variables go in.
The final part to this assignment will introduce you to scholarly writing by having you read a short academic journal article.Read the article by Gwilym and colleagues (2005) and then answer the questions below.
7. Identify the hypothesis addressed in the article:
8. Identify the dependent variable in the article:
9. Identify the independent variable in the article:
10. Briefly describe the main conclusion drawn from the article: