. What are the most important contributions by Galileo in the history of physics? Why do you think so? How do these contributions affect your life? Your journal entry must….
What kind of English people should have gone to colonize Jamestown? In other words, what characteristics should they have had? Why?
- Archaeologists promote the idea of the Ice Bridge to explain the settlement of North America. Native Americans have their own creation stories that do not follow the Ice Bridge theory. The authors of your book also lean towards the Ice Bridge theory. What does that tell you about the way the history of America will be told in your textbook? Explain.
- Did Christopher Columbus “discover” America? Why is he credited for that? Should he be? Why or why not?
- Guns, germs, and steel are often credited (or blamed) for the devastation done to Native American societies after European contact. Which made the greatest impact: guns, germs or steel? Explain
- Metacom’s War was a fight for a way of life for both Native Americans and for Puritans. Explain how and why.
- Justify the Pueblo Revolt in New Mexico.
- Bacon’s Rebellion is known as a turning point in race relations in United States history. After this even, people’s status became based on skin color, rather than their economic status. What led to this change?
- Why did colonists from various countries develop different relationships with Natives?
- What kind of English people should have gone to colonize Jamestown? In other words, what characteristics should they have had? Why?
- Puritans believed in freedom of religion. Were they hypocrites? Why or why not?