Articulation of Response (clarity, organization, mechanics) The candidate provides unsatisfactory articulation of response. The candidate provides weak articulation of response. The candidate provides limited articulation of response. The candidate provides….
short essay about Beowulf
For this assignment, you will use supporting evidence from Beowulf, Emerson’s “Heroism,” and your notes to answer one of these questions in an 8-10 sentence essay:
- Would Emerson consider Beowulf a hero? Look at his description of heroism in the excerpts you’ve read to determine your answer. Use the Option A Writing Organizer to collect your thoughts before writing.
- What characteristics from Emerson’s “Heroism” are most necessary for defeating a monster like Grendel? Use theOption B Writing Organizer to collect your thoughts before writing.
You can revisit previous lessons or use these links to reference the excerpts you’ve previously read:
- Excerpt 1: Grendel
- Excerpt 2: Beowulf
- Excerpt 3: Grendel Arrives
- Excerpt 4: The Battle Begins
- Excerpt 5: Conclusion of the Battle
- Excerpt 6: Emerson’s “Heroism”
Be sure to use summarizing, paraphrasing, and properly punctuated direct quotations to support your ideas.
Your essay will be evaluated using the Concept Synthesis: Exploring the Hero rubric