The journal talks of the importance of diagnosis of culture especially in public organizations whose operational environments are characterized by complicated social, political and economic issues. Culture diagnosis should be….
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services human resource management.
Continuing with the scenario from Assignment 1, imagine that you have been hired as the Manager of Human Resources for the acute care hospital. Your first task is to create a set of policies and procedures to ensure that the organization’s HRM processes are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives. You are also responsible for completing a hiring plan, training plan, compensation and benefits plan, and a performance appraisal.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Examine a significant way that the Joint Commission has influenced the basic functions of HRM and predict the likely impact of the policies and procedures at the your acute hospital. Provide support for your rationale.
- Analyze the importance of collaboration between HR and department managers when filling open positions, indicating the most likely impact on the hiring process.
- Create a detailed outline of a training program for managers. The outline should include, at a minimum, interviewing techniques that both help managers identify the best candidate for the job and meet the requirements of appropriate employment laws and regulations.
- Determine the most significant factor that should be considered in order to develop a compensation and benefit plan that is fair, competitive, and aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives, indicating the direct impact of each factor on the elements.
- Recommend a performance appraisal method that you believe would be the most effective for the organization and support the reasons for your decision. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Create a strategy to effectively manage both performance- and behavioral-based employee problems, which will lead to the desired behavior result.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop the key components of an employment agreement.
- Examine the influence of the Joint Commission on the development of job descriptions and performance management programs.
- Develop an effective interview and selection process that meets the requirements of employment laws and regulations.
- Propose ways that job performance and training can be integrated.
- Analyze the challenges that confront health care employers in providing competitive compensation and benefit programs.
- Analyze the objectives and methods of an effective performance appraisal process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services human resource management.