IS A 2000 WORDS REPORT
You are required to select one publicly listed company from within your group’s chosen global industry my company is MERCEDES CAR INSUSTRY . You are then required to use tools of financial analysis to assess the corporate performance of your selected company from the perspective of a potential acquirer.
The interpretation of your financial analysis will draw upon the macroeconomic country analysis and global industry analysis undertaken within the first section of the module, where appropriate.
SO YOU NEED TO find ratios concerning two liquidity and two efficiency two profitability two financial risk can be considered as evidence of working capital management practices within companies.
We encourage you to compare the corporate performance of the companies that have been analysed by your fellow group members which are TOYOTA, VW, and HYUNDAY again drawing upon key aspects of your macroeconomic country analysis and global industry analysis to inform your comparisons and aid benchmarking where appropriate.
You are required to calculate your own ratios and provide evidence of this in the provision of workings. However, you may find that there are additional sources of information that you might find useful especially for benchmarking purposes. These might include; The London Stock Exchange website, The Financial Times website, FAME (Financial analysis made easy, accessed through the online library, and Reuters
· Analyse and interpret financial information in a meaningful way
· Assess the microeconomic performance of companies through an understanding of
publicly available data
· Develop skills to analyse microeconomic performance and make comparisons
· To understand the practical aspects of the financing of global companies
Work will be marked in accordance with the following specific criteria but also with reference to the general criteria within the course handbook.
· Selection and application of tools of financial analysis
· Accuracy of ratio calculations .SO YOU NEED TO CALCULATE THE RAYION OF THE MERCEDES COMPANY AND ALSO THE RATIO OF THE OTHER COMPANY AND COMPARE THEM IN A TABLE.
· Thoroughness and comprehensiveness of the financial analysis
· Depth and quality of the interpretation
· Use of macroeconomic country analysis and global industry analysis within the
interpretation of the financial analysis
· Depth and quality of the comparative interpretations
- Ability benchmark and carry out multiple-company comparisons over time Other sources of information: