Ethics: Changes in Estimate Mike Crane is an audit senior of a large public accounting firm who has just been assigned to the Frost Corporation’s annual audit engagement. Frost has….
What are some examples of major ethical breaches in the recent past that have led to increased scrutiny in the field of financial reporting and analysis? Why are they important to a firm’s stakeholders and the public at large?
How does a company assess its sustainable growth rate (SGR)?
· How does a firm use the SGR in decision making?
· What are the consequences for a firm that grows a higher rate than its SGR?
· What are the consequences for a firm that grows at a lower rate than its SGR?
Consider the following ideas to include in your answer:
· Which variables are used in calculating the SGR?
· How does a firm use the SGR in choosing a financing option?
· How does a firm finance a growth that is higher than its SGR?
· What is the opportunity cost for a firm that grows at a lower rate than its SGR?
Unit 5 – Discussion Board
Unit: Ethics and the SEC
Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 3 paragraphs on 1 of the following topics:
- What are some examples of major ethical breaches in the recent past that have led to increased scrutiny in the field of financial reporting and analysis? Why are they important to a firm’s stakeholders and the public at large?
- What is the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and what are some of the elements of this Act that were designed to protect the integrity of the financial statements prepared and disseminated by publicly traded companies?
- What is the SEC, and what is its role in protecting the integrity of financial statements prepared and disseminated by publically traded companies?
Be sure to document your statements with credible sources, in-text citations, and references using proper APA format.
Unit 5 – Discussion Board
Unit: Quality Assurance
Please provide the warehouse manager a summative report of the main points of focus you wish to communicate regarding the module experiences you just encountered. What realizations did you come to and when? Please respond with 200–300 words to the following questions:
- When scheduling production of your products, what were the key factors considered?
- Why is the reputation of an organization so important?
- How do your customers differ from one another?
- What are holding costs and why is it important to manage them?
- Based on your overall performance, what are your thoughts on your overall experience of the simulation program? Did application of the skills you have learned help you to maximize your ability to meet your customer needs?